As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there are several reputable universities in New York that offer online courses and programs. Keep in mind that rankings and offerings can change over time, so I recommend checking with the universities directly for the most up-to-date information. Here are a few universities in New York known for their online offerings:
- New York University (NYU): NYU offers a variety of online courses and programs through its School of Professional Studies. They have a strong online presence and provide courses across various disciplines.
- Columbia University: Columbia offers online courses through its School of Professional Studies as well. They have a range of options for professional and continuing education.
- Cornell University: Cornell offers online courses through eCornell, their online learning platform. They provide a diverse set of courses and certificates in areas such as business, leadership, and hospitality.
- Syracuse University: Syracuse offers online programs through its School of Information Studies (iSchool) and College of Engineering and Computer Science, among others.
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT): RIT offers a variety of online programs, especially in technology, engineering, and business-related fields.
- Fordham University: Fordham offers online courses through their School of Professional and Continuing Studies, covering subjects like business, social work, and education.
- Stony Brook University: Stony Brook offers online courses and programs through its School of Professional Development, including areas like healthcare, education, and business.
- The City University of New York (CUNY): CUNY institutions collectively offer a range of online courses and programs across disciplines, including arts, sciences, and professional studies.
It’s important to note that the “best” university for online courses can vary depending on your specific field of interest, the level of education you’re seeking, and your personal preferences. When considering online programs, be sure to look into factors such as accreditation, program reputation, faculty expertise, and the level of support provided for online learners. Additionally, make sure to check if there have been any updates or changes since September 2021.
I recommend visiting the websites of these universities and their respective online learning departments to gather the most current information about their online course offerings and program rankings.